This homemade fresh salsa as a garnish will add a spark of color and contrasting texture to our cold cucumber soup recipes. You can also enjoy it alone with chips.
Cucumber-Avocado Yogurt Soup
- salt and peper to taste
- a splash of lime or lemon juice
- a splash of olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced unpeeled cucumbers, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes, seed removed
- 1 Tablespoon diced red or sweet onion or sliced scallions (green and white parts)
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers (various colors)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, taste, and adjust seasonings. Refrigerate until ready to serve, and garnish soups with salsa. Serve any extra salsa with chips or bread.
Did you like this article? MyJewishLearning is a not-for-profit organization.