- Israel is told, donâ€™t end your conflict with Syria — this from Farid Ghadry, president of the Reform Party of Syria. (The Jerusalem Post)
- NORMAN PODHORETZ makes the case for bombing Iran, in part to protect Israel from being destroyed. (Commentary)
- Moshe Arens argues that â€œTerrorists cannot be deterredâ€¦.and punitive blows directed at the public that supports them tend to be counterproductive.â€? His solution is direct military battles, using â€œforces on the ground.â€? — except in the case of Hizbulla, when that is not the case at all.(Haaretz)
- Jerome M. Segal wants Olmert to act before the next Palestinian elections: â€œoffer a Clinton-like peace proposal to the Palestinian people. President Abbas will take it to a referendum and if it is rejected at least we would have clarity.â€? (Ynet)
- Assorted views on whether there will be a major war this summer (Haaretz): http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/861123.html and http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/868470.html
- Dore Gold argues that Israel should negotiate deal with Egypt, rather than relying on deploying an international force, or oder to police the border between the Gaza Strip and Egyptian Sinai. (Ynet)
- Carlo Strenger, puzzled by why â€œneither the Sharon nor the Olmert governments have given the Saudi peace initiative any serious consideration,â€? suggests this reason: â€œIsraeli public discourse and national consciousness have never come to terms with the ideaâ€¦ that Israel actively drove 750,000 Palestinians from their homes in 1947/8 and hence has at least partial responsibility for the Palestinian Nakba.â€? (Haaretz)
- Caroline Glick decried Israelâ€™s defeatist attitude toward Hamas. (Jerusalem Post)
Reviewing the efforts of Carter, Jerome M. Segal argues that while â€œHamas has indeed said it will never recognize Israel, ...
Syria and the North
Pointing out that â€œThe Golan â€¦ has been Israeli for 40 years, double the time it was in Syria’s hands..â€¦ ...
What Should Be Done?
Should Israel try to negotiate a â€œshelf agreementâ€? — a final-status deal that would then be put on the shelf ...