- Yield: at least 12
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 12 hours, 0 minutes
- Total: 12 hours, 25 minutes
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- Fresh mint and parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 2
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 lbs lamb shanks
- 4 carrots, cut into large chunks
In a large sauté pan, heat a few Tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Saute onions and carrots with the spices.
Place onions and carrots into the crockpot.
Add lamb, potatoes and the garlic cloves with the water into the crockpot. The water should almost cover the meat, so add more or less depending.
Leave crockpot on high for one hour and then switch to low. Allow to cook until you are ready to serve for Shabbat lunch.
If desired serve with chopped fresh mint and parsley.
Did you like this article? MyJewishLearning is a not-for-profit organization.