- Yield: Serves 6
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- Total: 50 minutes
- 1-2 cups canola oil or as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasonings, or to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- 2 cups peeled,shredded potatoes
- 1/4 onion, grated
Place the potatoes in a cloth and wring them to remove as much moisture as possible.
Mix the potatoes, onion, green onion, eggs flour and cajun seasoning together in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet until it shimmers (1/3 inch deep for oil). Drop about 2 tablespoons of flattened patties into the hot oil.
Brown patties on both sides and drain on paper towels. Best when served hot!
Did you like this article? MyJewishLearning is a not-for-profit organization.