The Jewish Games have officially opened in Israel. 65 countries are being represented this year. Here is a quick run down of things have occurred so far.
- In his opening address, PM Bibi Netanyahu calls on Jews around the world to make aliyah to Israel.
- The Israel Absorption Committee is offering $3500 to any athlete who decides to stay in Israel after the games have ended.
- Jewish Life TV, a channel only available on DirecTV (that makes sound like a promoter), is offering coverage of the premiere events.
- Jamie McCourt, the President and CEO of the Los Angeles Dodgers, threw out the first pitch at the opening of the baseball tournament.
- For updated results for all the events, you can go to Maccabiah’s official website.