Passover breakfast can be hard! Of course you can make eggs, or matzah brei or even Passover-friendly pina colada parfaits. But I like a carb in the morning, and if I can’t have some toast, then a waffle might be the next best thing. A potato waffle!
Note: You will need a basic waffle maker for this recipe.
Watch below to see how easy it is to make this fun breakfast dish.
- 2 russet (Idaho) potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- Shred and peel potatoes. Set aside in a large bowl for 5 minutes.
- Place shredded potatoes in a towel and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.
- Place potatoes back in bowl and mix with salt, garlic powder and paprika.
- Scoop about 1/2 cup potato mixture into waffle iron in an even layer. Close iron and cook for 5 minutes, or until waffle is crispy.
- Repeat with each waffle.
- Serve with eggs, a dollop of sour cream, hot sauce, avocado or other desired toppings.