Sweet hamantaschen are traditional and delicious for Purim. But if you are looking for something fun and simple to make for a Purim party appetizer, or an activity to make together with your children or grandchildren, these pizza hamantaschen are easy to make and a tasty nosh. Did I mention the recipe requires only three ingredients?
The trick to making these pizza-taschen is pinching those corners together super tight. When they come out of the oven, you may need to pinch again as they cool. I like using a combination of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, but use whatever you have or prefer. A touch of ricotta, fontina or pecorino would also be delicious.
Don’t forget to watch our short video on how to make these fun treats.
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- around 1 cup of store-bought tomato or marinara sauce
- around 1 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a cookie or biscuit cutter, cut dough into rounds. Add small amount of tomato sauce and cheese in the middle of each round (around 1 tsp each of sauce and cheese)
- Pinch up corners very tightly into a triangle. Place on parchment paper.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes on top of parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Serve with additional tomato sauce for dipping if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7-9 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Holidays