HerTorah: Taking Back Yom Kippur: Less Shame, Guilt and Burden; More Love, Growth, and Compassion
Hosted By: SVIVAH
HERTORAH: TAKING BACK YOM KIPPUR
LESS SHAME, GUILT, AND BURDEN; MORE LOVE, GROWTH, AND COMPASSION
Featuring Rabbi Abby Sosland, Dr. Guila Benchimol, Naama Sadan, and R’ Aliza Sperling
This year, HerTorah is focusing on reframing the harshness, shame, guilt, and burden that surrounds common tropes around Yom Kippur. We are asking ourselves and our teachers:
• Can you repent without shame?
• Do we always need to forgive?
• Can we imagine accepting ourselves and being accepted with love and compassion?
• Does Yom Kippur and “teshuvah” require us to feel burdened or to suffer?
• Can we reimagine Yom Kippur from a place of love – from ourselves and the divine?
The event listed here is hosted by a third party. My Jewish Learning/70 Faces Media is not responsible for its content or for errors in the listing.