Keshet is a national organization that works for LGBTQ equality in Jewish life. The organization equips Jewish leaders with tools to build LGBTQ-affirming communities, creates spaces for queer Jewish teens to feel valued and develop their own leadership skills, and mobilizes the Jewish community to fight for LGBTQ justice. Keshet’s blog spotlights this work, as well as the voices of LGBTQ Jews, our families, and allies.
This month our good friends at InterfaithFamily launched their #ChooseLove campaign. Putting a campaign in motion — especially one based around the power of love — during Pride Month is something we can get behind!
#ChooseLove is centered on the idea that you don’t have to choose between love and anything else.
#ChooseLove is about inclusion, about choosing to love even when it might be challenging and especially about choosing love when friends and family need it most.
We see the idea of #ChooseLove on a regular basis:
- We see it in the teens who join us at the Keshet/Hazon LGBTQ & Ally Teen Shabbaton, who are empowered to embrace all parts of their identity.
- We see it in couples who struggle, but don’t give up, when they encounter difficulties finding officiants who support their same-sex, interfaith unions.
- We see it in parents who support their children, even when their community makes it difficult.
This Saturday members of the InterfaithFamily community will be joining Keshet and others in the Jewish Boston community to march in the Boston Pride Parade. We are thrilled to be marching together, and to be bringing this message of inclusion through the streets of Boston.
Like this post?
- Join the conversation through MyJewishLearning’s weekly blogs newsletter.
- Get breaking LGBTQ Jewish news, resources, and inspiration from Keshet in your inbox!
- How do you #ChooseLove? Show us through InterfaithFamily’s campaign! Watch this video to see how other people #ChooseLove.