- Eating kosher in Rome, Italy, is not really a problem, with â€œfive full restaurants, eight fast-food places of various kinds, 12 butchers, nine groceries, two bakeries, at least two catering services and one pastry shop that are kosher.â€? (Jewish Journal)
- The Book of New Israeli Food (Ynet)
- A look at how cookbooks provide â€œa panoramic window into Jewish culture and history.â€? (National Foundation for Jewish Culture)
- Gil Marks writes about the great importance of fish in Jewish culinary culture, and includes 4 recipes. (The Orthodox Union)
- Vegan matzoh ball soup (PostPunkKitchen)
- Israelâ€™s major bakeries largely suspended production of price-controlled breads this week, including plain challahs for Shabbat, saying that unless the government raises prices they will be forced out of business. (Haaretz)
- A look at the marvelous bakeries of the Netanya industrial zone, â€œan area with one of the highest bakery densities in the country.â€? (Haaretz)
Pronounced: KOH-sher, Origin: Hebrew, adhering to kashrut, the traditional Jewish dietary laws.