No-bake pies are perfect for these hot summer days when we crave a sweet treat but are loath to turn on the oven. Whether you pick up a pre-made Oreo crust to make things even easier or make your own, the sweet Oreo base is the perfect home for a light, nutty tahini mousse filling. I like to take things one step further with a smooth chocolate ganache topping and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
To assemble this pie, all you need to do is process Oreos until they’re a fine crumb, blend them with melted butter and press into a pie pan. After the crust has time to set in the fridge, you’ll whip up a light and airy tahini mousse made with Cool Whip and cream cheese. (You can also make your own whipped cream if you prefer. You’ll need three cups of whipped cream.) While the pie is cooling in the fridge, make a simple ganache by adding simmering heavy cream to chocolate chips, and smooth it over the top before letting the pie chill one more time, this time for at least an hour, before serving.
To make this totally vegan, use a non-dairy whipped topping and non-dairy cream cheese substitute in the filling, and non-dairy butter substitute in the crust and ganache.
- 24 Oreos (about 2 cups Oreo crumbs)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 8–oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8–oz package whipped topping (Cool Whip is perfect for this)
For the topping:
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream (can also use coconut cream)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- In a food processor, process the Oreos until they are fine crumbs. Combine with the melted butter, and stir with a fork. Press crumbs in an even layer into a pie pan, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (You may also bake the crust if you prefer. To do so, preheat the oven to 350°F, prepare the crust the same way and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before filling.)
- Combine tahini, cream cheese and powdered sugar in a stand mixer or in a bowl with a handheld mixer. Mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust, and chill while you prepare the ganache topping.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl. In a heavy-bottomed sauce pot, heat ½ cup heavy cream until simmering. Pour heavy cream over chocolate chips, and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth, and then carefully pour over the tahini filling, smoothing the top.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds around the edges, if using, and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Summer