Passover desserts can be a real bummer. But coconut macaroons, especially when drizzled with dark chocolate, are moist, chewy and absolutely delicious. Did we mention how easy they are to make? No special equipment – just a bowl, spoon and baking sheet.
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- melted dark chocolate for drizzling or dipping (optional)
- salted caramel sauce for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg whites, coconut and almonds. Add sugar, vanilla and salt. Using a cookie scoop, portion out cookies onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet around 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are set and edges begin to crisp, around 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. Dip in melted dark chocolate, or drizzle with chocolate and caramel on top if desired.