As we announced a few months ago, MyJewishLearning, Inc. and JTA are merging. Now we’re looking to hire a marketing professional to join our team as Director of Audience Development for JTA to join us in our New York City office.
We’re a small organization that has a big impact in the Jewish world, but we need help growing even bigger.If Facebook, emails and search engines optimization make you happy, this might be the right fit for you. We are looking for a strategic, hands-on, metrics-driven person to manage and execute online audience growth and engagement initiatives. In addition to working on JTA.org, you’ll oversee audience development for our partner sites Kveller.com and MyJewishLearning.com as well as help launch other new endeavors.
The Director of Audience Development will oversee it all: SEO, SEM, email newsletter, social media, partnerships, and site recirculation. You should be an expert at understanding our users’ behavior and enhancing their interaction with our sites . The best candidates are those who can big pictures but also enjoy jumping into day-to-day operations.
- Strategy. Build and execute marketing programs focused on generating unique visitors and increasing engagement. Test, evaluate, revise and repeat.
- Analytics & Reporting. Use Google Analytics, email analytics and other tools to interpret data about our users and translate into action-oriented recommendations all of our staff and stakeholders can understand.
- Email. Find and implement opportunities to growth the email newsletter subscription base and optimize performance of current products.
- Social Media. Develop social media strategy. Supervise and contribute to the company’s Facebook, Twitter, and other social media presences with assigned editors.
- Page Optimization. Influence conversion through messaging, promotion, and landing page optimization.
- Search Engine Optimization. Serve as our resident SEO expert and continually deploy best practices in to grow organic search traffic.
- Online Marketing. Work with outside consultants to manage organization’s Google Adwords grant, paid SEM, and other marketing to drive highly qualified visitors to the site.
- Partnerships. Identify, negotiate and implement traffic-building partnerships with other digital media organizations.
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, salaried position with paid vacation, health benefits, pension plan, and federal and Jewish holidays off.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in consumer-facing online marketing roles, particularly with a content-based organization. Demonstrated track record of developing diversified digital marketing programs that drive sustained audience growth.
- Deep understanding of the digital media space and broad understanding of digital strategies and best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience working with Google Analytics and Excel.
- Familiarity with Photoshop and HTML a plus.
- Self-starter who enjoys balancing multiple projects and priorities with varying deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to work closely with creative teams and to influence and educate on digital marketing principles..
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write effective marketing copy.
- Knowing about online fundraising, working in an editorial organization and enthusiasm for Jewish topics are all plusses.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Please send resume, cover letter and the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Description of something you’ve recently promoted (e.g. brand, event, or product) and the steps you took to boost your audience.
- Writing sample (e.g. blog entry, e-newsletter, press release, pitch letter) from a job or initiative with a similar capacity.