The Canteen is a tribute to all things Jewish sleepaway camp. Hosted by the Foundation for Jewish Camp (FJC), this blog is written by campers, alumni, parents, and camp professionals and is a place to talk about parenting, camp fun, projects, crafts, recipes, and more – all tied back to Jewish holidays, traditions and, of course, camp!
1. The camp season has officially started with several camps opening their gates! We wish each of them a safe and fun summer.
2. Camp Young Judaea Texas and URJ Greene Family Camp got together for a day of learning from the ADL as part of their staff training.
3. Camp Daisy & Harry Stein in Arizona held a reunion for former campers and staff.
4. Camp Judaea in North Carolina had a little fun with their camp director and a life-sized game of Hungry Hungry Hippos.
5. Camp Inc. announced their summer 2015 lineup of presenters.