While you might love Shavuot for all of the amazing dairy sweets that you will eat over the next few days, here is a just a reminder to all the people who are dieting. As much as you and I might love this holiday, it is not the healthiest.
So without further adieu, here are some quick calorie facts (according to calorieking.com) for your favorite Shavuot treats:
– Cheesecake: 350 calories
– Low fat cheesecake: 200 calories
– 2 cheese blintzes: 320 calories
– Lox/bagel/cream cheese: 600 calories
– Vanilla ice cream (1/2 cup): 137 calories
– Lasagna: 1050 calories
– Noodle kugel: 300 calories
Enjoy your run on Saturday!
Pronounced: shah-voo-OTE (oo as in boot), also shah-VOO-us, Origin: Hebrew, the holiday celebrating the giving of the Torah at Mount Sinai, falls in the Hebrew month Sivan, which usually coincides with May or June.