Finding the time to make homemade sufganiyot or sfenj for Hanukkah is amazing. But sometimes you just can’t muster the energy for a big baking project. Or maybe you don’t even like donuts (are you OK?). Either way, I have the easiest Hanukkah dessert to try and it’s only TWO INGREDIENTS: store-bought cookie dough and Hanukkah gelt coins, that’s it.
Watch my short video below to see how easy it is.
- 1 package store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough
- Hanukkah gelt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Portion cookie dough into even pieces, roll lightly into balls.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Immediately after taking the cookies out of the oven, place a piece of gelt on each cookie, and gently press down while cookies are still hot. Allow to cool.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Holidays