This skillet banana bread might be gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and dairy-free, but I can promise you won’t be missing anything with its light and fluffy texture and the rich sesame flavor. Enjoy this snack straight from the oven or re-heated and served warm.
Note: The tahini banana bread will last for up to 3 days if kept in an airtight container.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (plus extra whole banana if you want to decorate the top)
- 1/2 cup tahini (plus extra 1-2 Tbsp for drizzling)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp honey or date syrup
- 1.5 cups almond flour (finely ground)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Handful of black and white sesame seeds for decoration (optional)
- Oil or spray for greasing the skillet
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together into a large bowl the mashed banana, tahini, eggs, honey or date syrup and vanilla. Add almond flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until combined.
- Spray the skillet with oil to prevent it sticking. Spread the mixture into the skillet and decorate the top with sliced bananas (if using) and mixed sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. You can check doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle.
- Drizzle with extra tahini and honey or date syrup (if using) just before serving.