Labne lovers rejoice — you can now enjoy you favorite, yogurt dip as a dessert. If you love tangy, tart frozen yogurt, you are going to love this easy frozen dessert topped with tahini, silan (date honey), regular honey and/or crumbled halvah.
This labne ice cream is incredibly simple to make, but you will need an ice cream machine to make this recipe. If you don’t want to invest in a vanilla bean for this project (they can be pricey), just substitute with 2 teaspoon good quality, pure vanilla extract.
Watch below to see the simple, how-to video, or keep scrolling for the detailed recipe.
- 16 oz labneh (can use homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean OR 2 tsp good quality pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup honey
- tahini, silan, honey and crumbled halvah toppings (optional)
- Make sure to chill the bowl of your ice cream maker overnight.
- In a large bow whisk together the labneh, heavy cream, honey and seeds of vanilla bean (or pure vanilla extract).
- Place in ice cream maker according to machine direction and allow to churn 20-25 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from machine and place in a container. Cover top of ice cream with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for a few hours or overnight.
- Serve with drizzled tahini, silan (date honey), regular honey or crumbled halvah if desired.