Deviled eggs are such a classic, beloved nosh and this recipe stays pretty true to tradition with one notable twist: everything seasoning. Whether you use a store bought seasoning mix or make your own, the combination of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion and salt brings a new depth of flavor and a satisfying popping crunch to the snack. My everything mix has a secret ingredient — celery seed — which gives the mix a special something that will have everyone asking you for the recipe. These deviled eggs improve with a little time in the fridge, so the flavor of the onion has a chance to blossom in the yolk mixture.
For the everything seasoning:
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 Tbsp dried, minced onions
- 1 Tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp celery seed
For the eggs:
- 6 prepared hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp everything seasoning (homemade or store-bought is fine), plus more for garnish
- To make the everything bagel spice: Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- To assemble the eggs: Place egg yolks in a mixing bowl, and set aside whites on a plate.
- Combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard and 1 teaspoon of vinegar until thoroughly mixed and consistency is creamy and even. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. If the yolk mixture is too thick, add another teaspoon of vinegar.
- Mix in everything seasoning and stir to combine.
- Using a plastic piping bag, pipe the yolk mixture on top of the egg white halves. (You can also gently spoon egg yolk mixture on top if you don’t have a piping bag).
- Garnish with a few sprinkles of everything seasoning.