Traditional bulgur wheat is replaced with quinoa in this fresh salad bursting with summer flavors.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup fresh peas or thawed frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- pinch ground Aleppo pepper
- kosher salt
- Cook the quinoa in 1 cup boiling, salted water in a small saucepan, covered, for 15-20 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the peas until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, submerge in ice water to cool quickly, and mash with a fork.
- Combine the quinoa and mashed peas with the parsley, onion, lemon juice, oil, mint, Aleppo pepper, and a big pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Toss to combine and serve.