Traditional bulgur wheat is replaced with quinoa in this fresh salad bursting with summer flavors.
Cook this dish along with Chef Solomonov live on his new digital series, “Bringing Israel Home,” airing Wednesday nights at 8:00 p.m. ET. Plus, sign up for show reminders and more information here.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup fresh peas or thawed frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- pinch ground Aleppo pepper
- kosher salt
- Cook the quinoa in 1 cup boiling, salted water in a small saucepan, covered, for 15-20 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the peas until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, submerge in ice water to cool quickly, and mash with a fork.
- Combine the quinoa and mashed peas with the parsley, onion, lemon juice, oil, mint, Aleppo pepper, and a big pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Toss to combine and serve.