This summer, marinated feta cheese has been my go-to when entertaining. It’s quick and easy to prepare, and you really don’t need to follow a recipe. You can mix and match with your favorite garnish (I love jalapeños and parsley, but any fresh herbs will work!)
Serve alongside pita chips or crackers and some nice wine, and you are all set to deliciously entertain.
- 1/2 lb firm feta cheese
- 4 jalapeños, stemmed and sliced extremely thinly
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, sliced finely
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sumac for garnish
- Cut the feta into small cubes and place in a shallow rectangular Pyrex dish.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss together.
- Marinate for 30 minutes or up to one week in the refrigerator.
- To serve: Remove from refrigerator and let sit on the counter for 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with sumac.