This smoked salmon toast is a grown-up version of what I used to have back in the day, If you don’t like rye or pumpernickel bread, you could use Ezekiel sprouted grain bread instead.
Read our interview with Hannah Bronfman here.
From the book DO WHAT FEELS GOOD: Recipes, Remedies and Routines to Treat Your Body Right. Copyright © by Hannah Bronfman. Published on January 8, 2019 by Harper Wave, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. Reprinted by permission.
- 1 ripe avocado
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 slices rye or pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp minced red onion
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 ounces sliced smoked salmon
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon zest and juice, cumin and salt.
- Spread the avocado mixture on the toast and top with the capers, red onion and arugula.
- Top with the smoked salmon, and serve. Note: you can also put the capers, onion and arugula on top of the salmon but layering them between the salmon and avocado makes this dish easier to eat.