Trader Joe’s, AKA the gift that keeps on giving, has added a brand new product to their everything bagel seasoning line: Everything but the Bagel Greek Style Yogurt Dip! It seems like no one can get enough of this everything bagel trend, and this new dip sounds like sheer perfection.
For those of you less familiar with the “everything” mix (seriously, where have you been?!), the phenomenon began with a “seasoning blend” of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sea salt, garlic, and onion. It quickly earned cult status, selling out numerous times across Trader Joe’s stores, and sells for over three times the price on Amazon. TJ’s then released an everything-seasoned smoked salmon, a genius shortcut to the perfect bagel, which flew off the shelves.
And now, there’s a new product in town that opens up a whole new realm of everything-seasoning possibilities!
View this post on Instagram
New EBTB yogurt dip! This sounds amazing! Had to pick it up to dip all the veggies in…among other stuff 😏 The ingredients are clean! Go grab yourself one before they are gone! #traderjoes #traderjoeslist #traderjoesaficionado #traderjoesdoesitagain #ebtb #everythingbutthebagel #traderjoeslove #traderjoesfinds #bagel #yogurt #dip #yogurtdip
This thick and tangy dip is an easy way to upgrade any snack or dish. We plan to use it as much as we possibly can, and have rounded up our fave ideas:
- As a dip, duh: Note that it runs on the salty side, so you may want to veer away from dipping anything salty in, but crudités would be perfection — and a pleasing, healthy snack.
- For breakfast: We’re drooling at the thought of a generous dollop of dip alongside a soft-boiled egg, chunks of cucumber and tomato, and a slice of sourdough toast. If you like that salty-sweet combo, a sprinkle of this tahini and olive oil granola on top would be an excellent addition for some added crunch.
- On a bagel: Think of it as a light cream cheese alternative. It will make a perfect match for homemade gravlax. Hello, break fast!
- Instead of plain yogurt: Sub the everything dip for plain yogurt to take these za’atar potato skins up a notch. Crispy, creamy goodness.
- For a quick fix: If you’re short on time or don’t have all the ingredients to make your own spicy everything mix, add a teaspoon of chili flakes to the TJ’s dip and dollop it on top of a malawah with a fried egg for the ultimate brunch.
- Spruce-up soups: Fall is fast-approaching and we can’t wait to whip up all the soups for chilly nights. Soup is such an easy option for dinner parties, as it can be made ahead and just reheated. Use the dip to fancy up this Tunisian spiced squash soup; swirl in a spoonful for a touch of richness — your guests will be impressed. It would be just as good on top of chilled soups like borscht or cold cucumber soup.
- Sub for labneh: Like with this red quinoa tabbouleh or in any recipe calling for labneh that could use some extra oomph.
Can’t get enough of this seasoning? Here are even more “everything but the bagel” products we love!