You may balk at green hummus — but trust me. You will love this easy dip.
Reprinted with permission from “Vegan, at Times.”
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro leaves
- 1 scallions (white and green parts) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh fruit and raw crunchy vegetables for serving
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, parsley, scallion, garlic, oil, lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Puree until creamy. If it’s too thick, add a splash of water.
- Taste for salt; you may want to add a little more.
- Serve with fresh fruit and raw vegetables.