Tabbouleh is a classic Middle Eastern salad made with bulgur, tomatoes and a high ratio of chopped fresh herbs. It’s easy to make, fresh, delicious and healthy too, making it a much-beloved side dish around the world.
Instead of classic bulgur, we wanted to try a version made with quinoa, which is high in fiber and protein. This the perfect vegetarian dish to serve for summer cook-outs, Friday night dinner, easy take-along lunch and even Passover.
It’s so easy to make — watch below and get cooking!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (yields around 3 cups cooked)
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4-5 scallions, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Rinse quinoa. Cook according to directions. Fluff with fork and let cool for five minutes.
- Add cooked quinoa to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients.
- Chill in fridge for one hour to allow the flavors to marinate.
- Served chilled or at room temperature.