- ½ white or yellow onion
- 6 large eggs
- 3 oz Nova lox
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh chives or dill, for garnish
- Start by prepping your ingredients: Dice the onion and roughly chop the salmon. Season the eggs with just a pinch of salt and pepper, as the lox will add a lot of saltiness later. Whisk the eggs until well-beaten.
- To a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and oil (this prevents the butter from burning). Add the onions to the pan and sauté for 10-15 minutes, depending on how brown you like your onions.
- Add the eggs to the pan, and scramble them to your liking. Right before the eggs are finished cooking, add the chopped lox to the pan and gently fold them into the eggs.
- Garnish with fresh dill and/or chives, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Quick
- Cuisine: Ashkenazi