Celebrate the Jewish holiday of Tu Bishvat, the birthday of the trees, with a unique one-on-one learning opportunity.
On January 28th, you can join a live, one-on-one video study session. This form of study is known as havruta learning (Aramaic for “friendship”) and has been a common way of understanding the Talmud since ancient times. Using a study guide specially prepared by My Jewish Learning, you and a partner will be guided through a series of texts about Tu Bishvat and the Jewish relationship to trees.
Three time slots are available to accommodate our readers from around the world:
- 9:00 am ET/6:00 am PT
- 12:00 pm ET/9:00 am PT
- 7:00 pm ET/4:00 pm PT
Here’s how to participate:
- Create an account on Sefaria
- At your chosen time, log in to your account on Sefaria, then click this link
You’ll be randomly paired with another Talmud learner for a live video chat study session.
The experience will be best on your laptop/desktop computer and using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You can download Chrome here and download Firefox here. It will not work on Internet Explorer.
- Send Sefaria an instant message through Facebook messenger
- You can also send a text message to 323-451-2265
- Try emailing email@example.com for troubleshooting help