Parashat Ki Tissa Quiz
Learn more about the weekly Torah portion.
8. God called the people 'Stiff-necked' which is derived from the stubborn ox that refuses to submit to the yoke (32:9).
9. Moses burned the golden calf with fire, ground it into powder, mixed it with water, and made the Israelites drink it (32:20).
10. All the sons of Levi were told to strap on their swords and go kill all those who had been involved with the golden calf, even if it was someone close to them (32:26-27).
11. Moses asked: what would the Egyptians say? He also reminded God of His covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; to multiply their seed as the stars of heaven, and that all of this land He had spoken of would be given to their seed and they would inherit it forever (32:12-13).
12. God had already told Moses what was going on before he got there, he should not have been surprised (32:7-8,19).
13. God said he could not be in the midst of the people because God's power would consume them. This did not last because Moses convinced God to travel among the people (33:3, 34:9).
Did you like this article? MyJewishLearning is a not-for-profit organization.