- Now is the time to strike a deal with the Palestinians, says Yossi Beilin, because â€œthe Palestinians have a pragmatic leader who is perceived as weak.â€? (Haaretz)
- But Fatahâ€™s willingness to negotiate is an illusion, says Nadav Shragai, because its only a tactic toward â€œthe realization of the right of return.â€? (Haaretz)
- Aluf Benn is concerned about the â€œgrowing consensus in Israel that a withdrawal from the West Bank is no longer possible,â€? a position which has says, â€œcomes at a cost – in growing calls for an academic and economic boycott of Israel, in perpetuating the conflict with the Arabs, and in a growing gap between declarations and actions.â€? (Haaretz)
- CAROLINE GLICK says that â€œFatah â€¦ is a dead horse rigged to a land mine,â€? and that no deal with Fatah should even be attempted. (The Jerusalem Post)
- Did Abbas actually orchestrate the Hamas takeover, in order to increase his ability to make a deal with Israel? (Haaretz)
- B. Michael argues that â€œthe systematic pounding of the Palestinian Authority’s forcesâ€¦the persistent and humiliating mitigation of Mahmoud Abbas’ authorityâ€? was all done â€œto embolden Hamas among its people.â€? But it did not produce the type of â€œAltalena affairâ€? showdown between Hamas and Fatah that Israel wanted. (Ynet)
Part 3 in this series features Shelly Weiss, the queer, Jewish, genderfluid lifelong political activist and founder of OUTmedia, as ...