Bar/Bat Mitzvah Planning
A guide to planning every step of your child's Bar or Bat Mitzvah.
4. Encourage your child to practice his or her service out loud.
One month before event
1. Reconfirm all service providers.
2. Develop a seating plan.
3. Coordinate a rehearsal time with your temple. Many temples allow you to video this event in lieu of the actual service.
4. Arrange hospitality baskets for out-of-town guests. Include a schedule of events and detailed directions.
5. Coordinate out-of-town guest transportation to and from airports and events.
One week before event
1. Confirm final guest count with caterer. Remember that once you have guaranteed a number, this is what you will be responsible to pay for, even if fewer guests show up.
2. Adjust seating arrangements.
3. Pack an "emergency kit" to keep handy, including a sewing kit, extra makeup, hairbrushes, stockings, etc.
Did you like this article? MyJewishLearning is a not-for-profit organization.