From queer text study and institutional inclusion to profiles of queer clergy and youth voices, the Keshet blog features new ideas and reflections by and for LGBTQ Jews and their allies. The blog is produced by Keshet, a national grassroots organization with offices in Boston and the Bay Area that works for the full inclusion and equality of LGBTQ Jews in all areas of Jewish life.
Every June people across the world celebrate LGBTQ Pride. Take a look at some of our resources and prepare for a fantastic June!
Download your own Pride posters, stickers, and a graphic to help you celebrate and show your pride!
III. Sermons and D’vrei Torah
Looking for some words of inspiration? Check out these sermons and d’vrei Torah.
- Pride! by Kadin Henningsen
- Gay Pride, Red Cows, and the Cleansing Power of Ritual (Parashat Chukat and Parashat Balak) by Caryn Aviv
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Parashat Korach) by Rabbi Karen Perolman
- And a sweet article about a family outing to NYC Pride, Parade Queen: The Day My Niece Marched for Gay Pride by Marjorie Ingall
- This week’s Torah Portion, Parashat Be’Ha’alotecha, examines the Israelites’ struggles with their “coming out” experiences. Take a look at Rabbi Karen Perolman’s interpretation.
- What is Jewish About Gay Pride? by David Levy
IV. Stories from the Community
This month we will be sharing stories from our community of moments of Pride. Keep an eye out on our blog, as we’ll be updating and adding stories throughout the month. And, if you’re interested in sharing your own story, email Jordyn to set something up!
Pronunced: TORE-uh, Origin: Hebrew, the Five Books of Moses.