As we announced a few months ago, MyJewishLearning, Inc. and JTA are merging. Now we’re looking to hire a marketing professional to join our team as Director of Audience Development for JTA to join us in our New York City office.
We’re a small organization that has a big impact in the Jewish world, but we need help growing even bigger.If Facebook, emails and search engines optimization make you happy, this might be the right fit for you. We are looking for a strategic, hands-on, metrics-driven person to manage and execute online audience growth and engagement initiatives. In addition to working on JTA.org, you’ll oversee audience development for our partner sites Kveller.com and MyJewishLearning.com as well as help launch other new endeavors.
The Director of Audience Development will oversee it all: SEO, SEM, email newsletter, social media, partnerships, and site recirculation. You should be an expert at understanding our users’ behavior and enhancing their interaction with our sites . The best candidates are those who can big pictures but also enjoy jumping into day-to-day operations.
- Strategy. Build and execute marketing programs focused on generating unique visitors and increasing engagement. Test, evaluate, revise and repeat.
- Analytics & Reporting. Use Google Analytics, email analytics and other tools to interpret data about our users and translate into action-oriented recommendations all of our staff and stakeholders can understand.
- Email. Find and implement opportunities to growth the email newsletter subscription base and optimize performance of current products.
- Social Media. Develop social media strategy. Supervise and contribute to the company’s Facebook, Twitter, and other social media presences with assigned editors.
- Page Optimization. Influence conversion through messaging, promotion, and landing page optimization.
- Search Engine Optimization. Serve as our resident SEO expert and continually deploy best practices in to grow organic search traffic.
- Online Marketing. Work with outside consultants to manage organization’s Google Adwords grant, paid SEM, and other marketing to drive highly qualified visitors to the site.
- Partnerships. Identify, negotiate and implement traffic-building partnerships with other digital media organizations.
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, salaried position with paid vacation, health benefits, pension plan, and federal and Jewish holidays off.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in consumer-facing online marketing roles, particularly with a content-based organization. Demonstrated track record of developing diversified digital marketing programs that drive sustained audience growth.
- Deep understanding of the digital media space and broad understanding of digital strategies and best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience working with Google Analytics and Excel.
- Familiarity with Photoshop and HTML a plus.
- Self-starter who enjoys balancing multiple projects and priorities with varying deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to work closely with creative teams and to influence and educate on digital marketing principles..
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write effective marketing copy.
- Knowing about online fundraising, working in an editorial organization and enthusiasm for Jewish topics are all plusses.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Please send resume, cover letter and the following items to email@example.com:
- Description of something you’ve recently promoted (e.g. brand, event, or product) and the steps you took to boost your audience.
- Writing sample (e.g. blog entry, e-newsletter, press release, pitch letter) from a job or initiative with a similar capacity.
Calling all smart, talented, writerly, computer-savvy, and unemployed people! MyJewishLearning.com is on the hunt for an Editorial Assistant to join our team. Besides working with an awesome crew (seriously, we’re great, and we’ll get you donuts for your birthday), you’d be working in a lovely, casual Manhattan office and getting hands on with everything that goes into running a Jewish website, which is actually quite a lot.
Here’s the official job description:
MyJewishLearning.com. is seeking a full-time Editorial Assistant to join its dynamic team.
Tasks for this entry-level job will include researching editorial and visual content, loading and updating content to the website, creating e-newsletters, responding to inquiries, as well as supporting the general projects and needs of the editorial team.
Qualified candidates should have an interest in working in web publishing and have a strong knowledge of Jewish life and traditions. We’re looking for someone who can manage multiple tasks at one time, has an eye for detail, and brings energy and creativity to his or her job. Previous experience writing, working with content management systems, and Photoshop are a plus.
Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plans, and an allotment for professional development.
Preferred Experience: 0-2 Years
To apply for this position please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
MyJewishLearning.com is the leading transdenominational website of Jewish information and education. Offering articles and resources on all aspects of Judaism and Jewish life, the site is geared toward adults of all ages and backgrounds, from the casual reader looking for interesting insights, to non-Jews searching for a better understanding of Jewish culture, to experienced learners wishing to delve deeper into specific topic areas.